There are three times in the year that I love to pause and reflect on where I am at in life and where I want to go. The first is in September, at the start of the new school year; this is an ideal time to establish new healthy rhythms and routines, tweaking as I go. The second is at the start of the new calendar year; winter is a natural time for deeper reflection and contemplation. And the third is in April or May because spring is a perfect time for decluttering and cleansing that which no longer serves me.
I have never set “New Year’s Resolutions” – but I am a huge advocate for establishing meaningful goals, writing them down, and tracking them regularly. I tend to establish goals for multiple areas of life (relationships, health, finances, etc.): short-term goals (for the current year), moderate-term (next 3-5 years), and long-term (these might fall into ‘bucket list’ category). So often when I sit down to dream and write down my goals I am unsure about how I will get where I want to go. And yet, when I look back over time, I often stand amazed and excited about how many times I have hit the mark or proud of myself for the progress I have made.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish,” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
My MIND-BODY REBOOT class (renamed REVITALIZED) is a perfect opportunity to redefine your health and wellness goals. To get clear once more on WHO you want to BE and HOW you want to FEEL as you enter the new calendar year. And to take concrete steps to move you forward into the life you desire.
Each of the 8 sessions of the MIND-BODY REBOOT will focus on a specific area of wellness and you will be given ‘homework’ (or action steps), along with supportive handouts, to care for yourself well over the coming week. When we meet up the following week we will discuss our struggles and successes and you will be supported through questions that arise on the private Facebook group.
Whether you feel like your life could use a major overhaul or you feel like you are doing great but could still use a boost of encouragement and accountability, this class is for you. If you are so tired of feeling stressed or overwhelmed and know you want to live a happier, healthier life – this class is for you. If you are unhappy in our own body – regardless of current size and shape – this class is for you.
My intention is that you will leave this class feeling calm, focused, and body confident.
This class is NOT for you if your focus is on getting skinny, if you are looking for magic pills or potions to make you feel better, or if you are unwilling to dig in, be honest, and do the (sometimes challenging) work of bringing about lasting and transformative change in your life.
In our 8 weeks together we will address:
- Life Visioning. I will present various tools to support you in getting real about the life you want to live and how you want to feel. We will discuss common obstacles that arise when we seek to bring about change in our lives and how to overcome this resistance.
- Optimized Nutrition. We will talk about eating a low-inflammation diet that is nutrient dense and supports balanced weight, energy, and moods. We will discuss common dietary pitfalls, sourcing quality food, and strategies for banishing cravings.
- Self-Care Support. In this class we will learn about strategies and lifestyle habits that lower stress and anxiety while optimizing health; we will also look at supplements and herbs that help modulate stress. We will address the non-negotiable aspect of learning to care for ourselves well because we matter and in order to care for those we love and do the work we are called to do.
- Nutritional Detox. This week we will learn about the body’s natural processes of detoxification and how we can support these via diet, strategic supplements, and lifestyle habits. We will enter an optional (and modifiable) 7-14 day detoxification phase of common irritants, helpful after a season of indulgence.
- Life Detox. Environmental toxins can have a huge impact on our health and this week I will teach about common toxins that trip us up in our health goals, how to clear these out of our lives and replace them with health-supporting alternatives; we will also discuss the importance of improving air quality.
- Gut Health. As unglamorous as this sounds, our gut health – our ability to digest, assimilate and eliminate nutrients, and the balance of bacteria in our gut – plays a major role in our emotional & physical wellness from moods to weight to immune health.
- Joyful Movement. This week we will cover the importance of joyful movement; the difference between exercise and joyful movement and how this relates to stress; strategies for moving our bodies through pain or physical limitations; and we will discuss the topics of body image and self-acceptance.
- Mindfulness Strategies. To end our time together we will look at the research around mindfulness practices and learn some strategies to integrate mindfulness into your life to support you in living with greater calm, focus, and confidence.
Are you ready? I am super excited. I love to learn, teach, and encourage others and look forward to our time together. I understand that January can be a tight time financially but I also believe in investing in our health. As a bonus, REGISTER BEFORE DECEMBER 22nd AND RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT!* That means just $170 instead of $200 for 8 weeks of education and support!
*REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE WINTER 2016 SESSION. SIGN UP FOR EMAIL UPDATES ON MY HOME PAGE IF YOU’D LIKE TO JOIN THE NEXT SESSION.
It is so easy to get sidetracked or give up altogether after just a couple of weeks when establishing new personal goals. A small-group class setting will provide ongoing education, encouragement, and accountability to help you stay focused and moving forward into the life you desire.
Call me at 780.723.7048 or email email@example.com to register today.