Inside: Season 2, episode 8 of the Rebranding Middle Age podcast
Every single person I know, and each woman I work with, benefits from regular, gentle reminders to pause and name what she is already doing well. To be proud of herself and name all the ways she regularly shows up with strength and bravery.
Life is messy and we need to remember that perfection is not required.
I certainly need regular check-points or invitations to do this for myself. It’s so easy to see all the things I want to do better, the problems that need resolving, goals that need mapping out, people to love, and so on. But when we take time to see that we are already doing well – to see our strengths and not only our struggle – then we are able to show up to life with resilience and (more often) joy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ALIP PODCAST
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode.
- Listen and follow on Spotify.
- Or subscribe on your favourite podcast player by pasting in the RSS feed: https://feeds.captivate.fm/a-life-in-progress/
Thank yourself for all of your hard, meaningful, brave work. Be proud of yourself!
Regular checkpoints like at the end of each day (using my 3/2/1 exercise), at the end of each of week/month/season, and once or twice a year for a year-in-review process help us build this powerful practice into our lives. It won’t happen by accident.
Healthy community matters. The people you spend time with, the voices you listen to, all influence the ways that you speak to yourself, treat yourself, and how you show up to the fullness of your life. Choose your inner circles, in particular, wisely.
Spend some time deepening your roots of self-awareness and self-compassion with these 17 prompts:
- Join the Brave + Beautiful Community Winter Session (registration ends January 12th!): Join the Brave + Beautiful Community | A Life In Progress
- Free 25m zoom chat with Krista if you need help deciding if the B+B Community is a good fit for you in this season: Contact Krista | A Life In Progress
- Find Krista on FB: A Life in Progress and also Rebranding Middle Age. Find her on IG.
- Circle of impact: The Simple But Uncommon Boundary Tip You’ve Likely Never Considered + A Circle of Impact Exercise | A Life In Progress
- 3/2/1 exercise: 3 Important Questions I Recommend Adding To Your Evening Routine | (alifeinprogress.ca) and this episode shares more about the practice: Practice Self-Compassion Like Your Life Depends Upon It (alifeinprogress.ca)
The Brave + Beautiful Community is for brave and curious women in the middle season of life. Befriend your true self and reclaim your inner wisdom, bravery and strength. You’ll also have the opportunity to build beautiful friendships with like-minded women doing this inspiring work!