Inside: Season 2, episode 7 of the Rebranding Middle Age podcast
Home is sacred. A safe and loving home creates a sense of safety and security in this noisy and often challenging world. Home is a mental-health issue. That is, lack of affordable housing contributes to struggles with what we think of as mental health (but mental health doesn’t stand apart from all other forms of health). It’s important to me to feel safe, at home, and joyful in my body, home, and life.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ALIP PODCAST
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode.
- Listen and follow on Spotify.
- Or subscribe on your favourite podcast player by pasting in the RSS feed: https://feeds.captivate.fm/a-life-in-progress/
Something I did not share in this episode, is that in the years since my son died, something that has been healing has been to pour some extra love into our home. I’ve done some renovations, deep-decluttered/organized a couple areas, created a new home office for myself, and continue saving money for needed updates. As I share in this episode, I’m not attached to a building itself. I’m attached to the FEELING of home as safe and sacred space.
In this episode, I invite you to explore your own relationship with home and environment. From who gets access to you, the rhythms and routines than lend themselves to joy, naming how you want to feel in your home, and how you might pour some extra love into your home… I hope this episode will get some new ideas simmering in you around how to honour the sanctity and gift of home and amplify joy.
- Join the Brave + Beautiful Community Winter Session (early promo Dec 4-15: join at current rate before price goes up in January + join the Seasonal Transition Call for free!): Join the Brave + Beautiful Community | A Life In Progress
- The Seasonal Transition Call – Winter Solstice ($90 or free for Brave + Beautiful Community Members): Join The Winter Solstice Call: Honour Your Wiring in Every Season (alifeinprogress.ca)
- Find Krista on FB: A Life in Progress and also Rebranding Middle Age. Find her on IG.
- Free 25m zoom chat with Krista if you need help deciding if the B+B Community is a good fit for you in this season: Contact Krista | A Life In Progress
The Brave + Beautiful Community is for brave + curious women in the middle season of life committed to living with more freedom, health, and joy. We gather from different corners of the world to learn, practice new ways of being in our body and life, and build healthy community.