A Life in Progress exists to help build a kinder, safer world for those who feel bad, wrong, or broken because they don’t fit easily into this noisy, messy, hustle-oriented culture. We do this by empowering women, through story, education, and community, to befriend their True Self, and reclaim freedom, wholeness, and joy so that they, in turn, drip wisdom and compassion into their circle of impact.
I’m looking for 2 new people to work with me at A Life in Progress. I’m only looking for people who would feel excited to be a part of my team for several years, to grow into the role and support my vision.
POSITION ONE: My new VA will be responsible for implementation of my year-long marketing plan/system, refining it as they go. This includes book launches, promotion of my products and services, podcast interviews and other special events, and communicating with my social media manager.
They have an interest in and ideally previous experience in marketing for a small business including the technical skill to do some or all of the following: build email automations, build integrations between email software and payment platforms, run simple FB ads, etc.
POSITION TWO: My VA will focus on client support, welcoming new members to my Brave + Beautiful Community and helping them settle in, a bit of research, content creation, blog post formatting, simple design projects, support during workshops, uploading podcasts, etc.
They enjoy engaging with people online and through email, writing, health-related research, and are familiar with WordPress and Mailchimp, Excel, Canva pro and/or Adobe design (or similar software), Zoom, YouTube, and have a desire to keep learning as needs evolve.
Both positions will begin at 3-5 hours per week for a trial period of 8 weeks. At the two month mark we’ll check in to ensure we both feel that the position seems like a great long-term fit. Hours may expand to a max of 7-10 hours/week.
Qualifications/Qualities I’m seeking:
- You’ve been following my work for at least a year (ideally) and have an interest in mind-body wellness and living in freedom, wholeness, and joy.
- You’re reliable: I can count on you to be consistent with your hours and to follow-through on your commitments and time-sensitive projects.
- You are self-directed: you will figure things out where needed/take initiative, and communicate ‘in motion’.
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, you enjoy strategic planning/thinking, always fact-check your sources, and you’ll put care into supporting the vision of ALIP and serving my community.
- You value integrity, equity, appreciation for the beauty of diversity, curiosity, creativity, and a growth-mindset.
- You possess strong writing and communication skills in the English language.
Please send your resume and 600 words or a short video to tell me a bit about yourself, your experience, and why you’d like to work with A Life in Progress, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “VA of marketing” or “VA of Content” in the subject line. I will take my time to find the right fit for my small team and will respond to suitable applicants.