An understanding of Liminal Space can help us do the work of making space in our lives for what’s next, or for who we want to be and the life we want to live in. Richard Rohr writes “In liminal space,
we descend and intentionally do not come back out or up immediately. It takes time but this
experience can help us reenter the world with freedom and new, creative approaches to life”
(source). Anthropologist Victor Turner called liminal space “betwixt and between.” I love that.
In Liminal Space we put down roots, we water, question, listen, release. It can be a space of
learning to quiet all the external noise and our inner chatter so that we get to know ourselves on
a deeper level and sift to discern ego or wounding vs our true voice and vision for life. We learn
to listen to our life speak (reference to Parker Palmer).
As we move through each season of life, we can make space to begin again or write a new story
or a new chapter for our lives. When we acknowledge that life is messy, imperfect, and
sometimes crushing but that our story isn’t done yet and we can keep writing, we’re more able
to access the curiosity and bravery required to forge ahead through uncertainty.
This mini-course provides you with the (unfancy) Making Space module from my Brave & Beautiful Membership. The module includes the PDF that walks you through several weeks of exercises or new habits and ideas to help you explore topics like liminal space, letting go of what was or what no longer serves to step into greater freedom, belonging, decluttering physical and emotional clutter, and going deeper not wider. It includes related worksheet(s), 2+ recorded calls and an interview that speak to the topic and offer additional guidance and encouragement so that you can continue building a life of purpose, health, and joy.
Buy the Making Space Mini-Course $37
This mini-course offers a roadmap – or HOPE map – to help you Make Space in your life what you most want and need
The PDF of core content will walk you through the following structure as you dive into the topic and apply the work to your life.
Week One// WHY
I’ll introduce the topic of the month and WHY it matters; you’ll examine your experience and thoughts about it, any compelling research, and you’ll get honest about where you’re at. Self-awareness is essential to sustainable and healthy growth.
Week Two // WHAT
You will start thinking about WHAT you want for yourself in this area (you’ll establish personal goals and intentions) while staying grounded in self-compassion and I’ll offer ideas for WHAT you can do to grow and begin practicing the concepts for the month.
Week Three // HOW
You’ll get more specific about HOW to apply the habits, tools, mindset shifts or the practical application of ideas (and how to sustain positive change) and you’ll address issues or resistance that come up; this is about taking imperfect action to move closer to who and how you choose to be in the world.
Week Four // Rest & Reflect
You need time to synthesize and notice what’s showing up for you, and all of us need time for actual rest. Week 4 of each module offers (optional) prompts to guide you in self-reflection along with resource ideas for further learning. Otherwise, you will use this fourth week to continue applying what you’ve learned to your life.
Buy the Making Space Mini-Course $37
*After purchase, I will email you with access to the mini-course(s).
*My clients, many of whom work in health and science-related professions, hire me as part of their support team – my work as a Joyful Living Educator is NOT a replacement for medical or professional mental health support.
- For payment issues send me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no refunds on courses.
- All the ideas and content in this course are copyrighted and for individual use only. This means you cannot legally share them in part or in full with anyone else. If someone you care about is interested in what you’re learning, please direct them to purchase a copy of the course. Thank you for respecting and supporting my work in this way.
- This course is for educational purposes only and is not offered as medical, psychological, spiritual, legal, or business advice. It is not offered to treat/heal/cure/prevent any condition and is not a replacement for professional counselling or support. am not a doctor, therapist, or spiritual advisor. I advise you to check with your medical health representative before making changes to your nutrition, supplementation, or lifestyle.
- You alone are responsible for your actions and results in life, health, and business. I make no representations, warranties or guarantees that you will achieve any results from the ideas or content presented in this course. I, Krista O’Reilly-Davi-Digui and A Life in Progress will not be held responsible for any adverse result of implementing ideas presented in this course.
- If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this agreement, do not purchase this course.