If we are to really live – abundantly – we need to make space for messiness. We must learn to befriend ourselves, dance with paradox, and embrace the truth that life can feel incredibly challenging, scary, and painful – and also beautiful. That joy and pain live tangled up together in a beautiful, meaningful life if we’ll allow it.
Our theme for year 4 of the Brave + Beautiful Community is BEGIN AGAIN: we’ll explore this through the lens of Rewilding Self + Restoring self-leadership, Recommitting to our values, vision + full expression of who we are, and Rebranding Middle Age.
If you are looking for a deep-dive with some of the most wonderful women on the planet, I highly recommend the Brave and Beautiful community. In a world consumed by the surface layer, here is a chance to dig deep. Krista’s work and words are a beautiful gift, something you instantly recognize as the truth even as you wonder how you never saw it before. It has been so inspiring to learn from Krista and to get to know myself better. And it has been such a delight to encounter all the wise and wonderful women who make the journey so enjoyable. You will not find a kinder, more generous group on the internet.Karen U
Life is better in community (even for the strong introvert and/or highly sensitive soul) – we heal and grow in brave community.
It takes incredible courage to continue showing up fully to life as we navigate heart-breaking loss, painful struggle, and significant life transitions, and we release what no longer serves so that we can show up as our most honest, healthiest, and integrated selves to the messy and beautiful life in front of us. Knowing that we’re not alone and we’re not “doing life wrong” is a huge gift and my community offers you a soft (and gently challenging) landing place.
I started the Brave & Beautiful Community 4 weeks before my husband and I were in a serious car accident, 7 weeks before my beloved son ended his life after a brave and ferocious battle with severe depression and persistent suicidal ideation. I’m right here with you, hands dirty, heart open, walking my talk and doing my own brave healing work. I’m not interested in fluff and pretense.
I have no desire to live my life according to the status quo. My life has required deliberate, stubborn effort to keep me alive and thriving. I take my study, strength, and lived experience and weave it together into the compassionate, evidence-based, and grief and trauma-informed work that I offer to you here.
Brave + Beautiful Community members include therapists, physicians, educators, pastors, coaches, administrators, researchers, social workers, business owners, creatives, grieving parents, women on leave from work due to chronic illness, and more. We come from different corners of the world and varied life experience; what we have in common is a desire to continue growing and becoming our most honest and integrated selves, and to living with more freedom and joy.
CONTENT PLAN: You can see a basic outline for the year ahead in this living document.
This list of 21 milestones will give you a sense of the core concepts and practices you’ll explore in the BB community and where you currently are on the journey.
Education (including our private podcast), coaching, and growth-minded community to support you in writing a new story beyond grief, stress, and struggle. You can befriend yourself and handcraft a brave + beautiful life that feels like home!
What’s included when you invest in this inspirational community?
All of you is welcome here. We’re all in progress, learning, becoming, sometimes struggling. I invite you to honour your emotional and energetic capacity as you show up to the work. Some members spend one session with us to focus on a specific topic. Other members stay much longer in order to build new emotional and behavioral patterns and shift from head knowledge or theory into embodied wisdom and practice.
TIME + ENERGY COMMITMENT
For best results, commit to 2.5 hours for 12 weeks per session (this allows for rest weeks) and if you have greater capacity you can easily do more. This includes 90 min coaching calls during educational weeks along with exercises/homework, a workshop, and bonus call with a guest teacher. You can absolutely make space for this in your full life though you’ll need to prioritize your wellbeing and intentionally make and guard the space on your calendar.
Each four-month session of the BB includes:
- A small, private group off of social media to help quiet all the noise. You can ask questions at any time and you won’t be lost in a crowd of hundreds or thousands like with many programs; you matter and you will be heard and witnessed. As a highly sensitive human, I know that this makes a world of difference;
- 2 educational modules with weekly exercises/practices, worksheets and relevant resources, and a brief weekly email to guide you through the work. See the Hope Map graphic below for a general sense of how we move through the year. You are welcome to download and keep your modules so you can revisit them in the future and work at your own pace if desired;
- Rest weeks to encourage integration, to practice the importance of rest, play, and pleasure, and breathing room to attend to all the other parts of your full life (we’ll rest around major holidays);
- 10 x 90-min Coaching + Connection calls focused on the current topic to guide you through the work and explore it’s practical application. You can join live, enjoy the video replays, or listen on-the-go through a private podcast. Calls are on Wednesday and alternate between 11 am and 5 pm MT to accommodate members in different time zones/corners of the world (the 5 pm call = Thursday morning in the southern hemisphere). *Alberta Canada goes through a time change on Nov 5th which may impact call time for you
- 2 bonus experiential calls: one workshop and one call with a guest breathwork facilitator and coach, to enrich our work or support mind-body wellness (join live or enjoy the replay when it works for you) along with access to the full workshop library and 2 bonus mini-courses including Exploring the Enneagram and The Strengths + Challenges of the Highly Sensitive Person;
- Meaningful connection + opportunity to build long-lasting relationships along with a monthly Peer-Led Chat Group, a welcoming online community, opportunity to form an accountability or listening partnership, and an optional “Brave Creatives Circle” where I offer new moon and full moon check-ins for members who want to make an impact with their creative work;
- A weekly email with links to the podcast and core content so you never have to use the online community if you’re busy and on the go and need the work at your fingertips!
are you ready to shake things up in your life? Join the brave + beautiful community in september and BEGIN AGAIN
Our theme this year (Sep-Aug) is BEGIN AGAIN: we’ll explore this through the lens of Rewilding self + Restoring self-leadership, Recommitting to our values, vision + full expression of who we are, and Rebranding Middle Age.
CONTENT PLAN: You can see a basic outline for the year ahead in this living document.
Each of our three yearly sessions build upon each other and guide you in building skill, becoming more resourced and empowered, and deepening wisdom and self-trust. This is not a prerecorded course; you will receive live and responsive mentoring and education. While we revisit foundational practices and ideas, and follow a similar seasonal rhythm (see the Hope Map graphic above), no two sessions are alike.
Join for one session/4 months, join for a full-year, or join for a full-year plus private coaching. Members who join for a full year are “grandmothered” in at that price (you keep the same price if prices increase). For best results I recommend a one-year commitment; the work we do together in the BB is not about “quick fixes” but about deep, powerful, and sustainable growth or shifts.
I offer a number of equity “pay-what-you-can” spaces to the people on my email list with preference to those in marginalized communities. You must reach out and ask for this as I won’t make assumptions about people’s financial status. Likewise, if you are on a fixed or lower income or if you need a payment plan, reach out. You can pay in USD or CAD. (All pay-what-you-can spaces are filled for autumn session.)
The BRAVE + BEAUTIFUL Community is for you if:
- You feel weary or beat-up by life, in vulnerable transition, you’re recalibrating through grief or trauma, you’ve outgrown your fear-based patterns of self-protection, running, numbing and hiding, and your old stories and conditioning, or are otherwise seeking grief and trauma-informed, evidence-based support from a holistic perspective.
- You land somewhere in the messy middle of life (you can self-select; current members range from 31-71 and I love the collective wisdom and lived experience of the group!) and you see yourself somewhere in steps 2/3-7 of this growth map. This group is not for people in crisis or the first year of grief after a significant loss (in this case therapy or private coaching will be a better fit).
- It may feel uncomfortable but you’re ready to own your story, your strength, to feel empowered in your life, and to show up fully to the next season of your life. You are open to writing a new Brave + Beautiful story for your life.
- You value health: mind-emotion-body health, spiritual health perhaps, financial health, nervous system and emotional regulation, healthy and boundaried relationships with others and yourself, brave and compassionate community to share life with, and you want to build resilience, emotional intelligence, and expand your capacity for both joy and pain so that you say YES to life each new morning.
- You’re a curious and growth-minded person and ready to take (imperfect) action in your life to create positive, sustainable change. You’d benefit from regular encouragement, modeling, and companionship as you do the work to shake off shame and judgment, put down deep, hardy roots of self-awareness and self-compassion, learn to honour your wiring, reclaim your voice and agency, and practice taking consistent (imperfect) action to move closer to your Life Vision or who and how you choose to be in the world and a life you love.
- You feel comfortable engaging online (off of social media), building inclusive community, and learning through a combination of written material and video (closed captioning is available) or audio and you can commit to 2.5 hours most weeks, not including holiday rest periods. Over and over you will be invited to practice what you’re learning – to practice imperfect action – because we find our way IN ACTION, not before.
Get started with one session $360 (one-time payment)
$90/mos aka “far more happy-producing than a couple hours of stress-shopping”
*Sep through Dec 2022. You have 3 weeks to explore the BB, make sure it feels like a great fit, and then upgrade to a full-year option to take advantage of the cost savings.
receive 2 MONTHS FREe when you join for the year $900 (one-time payment)
$75/mos aka “even more life-giving than a monthly deep-tissue massage!”
*Sep through Aug 2023. Once you’ve paid for a full-year you lock in that price for future renewals. After 3 years you become an Alumni and stay for free for the life of the Community. For best results I recommend a one-year BB commitment.
enjoy 4 months free! A full year of the Bb + 8 COACHING sessions $1980 (one-time payment)
$60/mos for the BB portion aka “a meal + drinks out but with a far greater ROI”
*The Deep Dive option is for you if you want brave and growth-minded community and also you’d like to go deeper into the work via individualized support from me. This investment is broken down into $1280 for the coaching + $720 paid in full for the BB which is the equivalent of $60/mos. You are welcome to begin coaching at any time and join the BB at the next enrollment period.
Join me in brave and compassionate community as you learn, stretch, and become more fully yourself. Befriend yourself, reclaim your voice and agency, and remember how to feel safe, at home + joyful in your body and your life.
The materials and guidance you’ve provided in the B&B have helped me gain valuable insights into my personality. Your program is far superior to a lot of offerings out there. They are kindergarten and you are graduate school.—Amy D
Of all the programs I’ve been involved in (and there are many), yours is the most practical and makes the most sense to me because you touch on the somatic and the mind-heart-spirit. You bring together everything I’ve ever wanted to know about self-growth. I’m so glad that I found you.—Ella Ryder
Krista has an incredible gift not only of words but also of really seeing into the struggles common to so many women. Krista doesn’t just leave us to struggle—she helps find a way to shift our mindset, look at our circumstances differently and help us find joy and celebrate the win, no matter how small. She is patient, knowledgeable and caring. The resources she writes are life-giving to me. I find myself learning something profoundly new and helpful each time I go through the materials.—Teresa C
Your guidance in finding new approaches, new ideas, and new attitudes that so resonate with me is part of what I love about Brave and Beautiful. And all of that plus such a supportive and accepting community is just the best! Much more than what I might have imagined if I’d have envisioned a great virtual space to learn and grow. I am so appreciative. Thank you, Krista.— Stacy Low
I have stayed mostly quiet in the group, but I have benefited greatly from doing the work offline and it has truly made a huge difference in this time of transition and rebirth for me. I look forward to reviewing the materials again on my own – I know I will discover many things I missed the first time through. Thank you for being willing to share with and guide people in all seasons of life.— Christine H
I so appreciate you, your posts, thought processes, interviews, your way at problem-solving, the content you create, and your support. Joining this group is the very thing that helped me to begin to take steps forward from probably the worst season I’ve ever been through since childhood. I was so stuck and discouraged. Now I am making headway in leaps and bounds!! Brave and Beautiful has been so inspiring and so life-giving for me, as well as my Listening Partnership with (another member) and I just wanted you to know and thank you again. Who you are and what you carry is truly immeasurable in my life.—Joyanne Ferrara
I joined the Brave & Beautiful Community to have a group of growth-minded women to journey through this season of my life with. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to learn new strategies for living with purpose as well as supporting and celebrating other women as we share our lives together as part of the community. Brave & Beautiful is a wonderful investment and I would highly recommend making the commitment.—Shana H
I’m an educator and coach. The support I offer is not intended to diagnose, treat, heal, cure, or prescribe for any medical condition and it is not a replacement for therapy or medical advice.