If we are to really live – abundantly and joyfully – we need to make peace with messiness. We must befriend our True Selves, embrace the truth that joy and pain live tangled up together in a brave and beautiful life, and consistently practice imperfect action as we learn to honour our wiring and show up fully to life in every season. Even the hardest of them.
Life is better in community: healthy community is a key part of resilience, wellbeing, and life satisfaction (even for the highly sensitive human and strong introvert). We don’t all find ‘our people’ in our local communities and even if we do have fabulous friends, it doesn’t mean we’re at the same place on our journey to freedom, health, and joy.
The Brave and Beautiful Community is compassionate and welcoming, brave and honest, and growth-minded. We don’t shy away from the hard stuff of life but we don’t set up camp there either. Want to talk about joining? Reach out here.
I have been a member of Krista’s Brave and Beautiful community for over two years, and it has become one of the anchor points in my life. Regardless of how busy/stressful life is, it is a community I know I can return to pressure-free, to connect with women at all stages of life, and to have resources in the form of written exercises (to do anytime), recorded meetings and workshops, and an online forum for connection. For people who like to learn, there is nothing better. Krista’s work and exercises are an amazing combination of science-based research and her extensive reading and education into personal growth. In a word, I would describe the B and B community as a place of richness—of endless opportunities to grow and explore, and in connections with like-minded women. I have learned a huge amount about myself and my wiring, both from the written exercises done on my own, as well as through the sharings of others in the community. Many of the exercises I started through the B and B community I hope will become lifelong practices.Valerie
It takes incredible courage to continue showing up fully to life as we navigate heart-breaking loss, painful struggle, and significant life transitions, and we release what no longer serves so that we can show up as our most honest, healthiest, and integrated selves to the messy and beautiful life in front of us. Knowing that we’re not alone and we’re not “doing life wrong” is a huge gift and my community offers you a soft (and gently challenging) landing place.
I started the Brave & Beautiful Community 4 weeks before my husband and I were in a serious car accident, 7 weeks before my beloved son ended his life after a brave and ferocious battle with severe depression and persistent suicidal ideation. I’m right here with you, hands dirty, heart open, walking my talk and doing my own brave healing work. I’m not interested in fluff and pretense.
I have no desire to live my life according to the status quo. My life has required deliberate, stubborn effort to keep me alive and thriving. I take my study, strength, and lived experience and weave it together into the compassionate, evidence-based, and grief and trauma-informed work that I offer to you here.
Brave + Beautiful Community members include therapists, physicians, educators, pastors, coaches, administrators, researchers, social workers, business owners, creatives, grieving parents, women on leave from work due to chronic illness, and more. We come from different corners of the world and varied life experience; what we have in common is a desire to continue growing and becoming our most honest and integrated selves, and to living with more freedom and joy.
3 primary gifts of the brave + beautiful membership community according to members
- The B+B is a comfortable, warm, non-judgmental place to grow and learn. You feel a sense of solidarity with the other women and learn from each other. It keeps you thriving and anchored on the path you want to be on.
- The content is a lovely mix of evidence-base, inspiration, and practical application. Whenever you need it, you will find hope and inspiration here. You learn new truths and practices, and get the modeling and support you need, to change your relationship with yourself and the way you show up to your life.
- You feel seen and heard and feel permission to be completely yourself. Introverts and highly sensitive humans are understood here. There is no pressure to speak or ‘perform’ and no guilt when you’re in a busy season and can’t join in as much as you’d like.
I found myself depressed and with anxiety I had never experienced before. I was completely unmoored, like a leaf in the wind, without agency, trapped and without a sense of what I even liked and I could not make the simplest decisions. I was truly worried for my sanity (…) I thank God, my therapist, Krista’s work, and a very good friend for helping me find my way back from a true dark night of the soul which actually lasted many months. I sincerely thank you all for being part of the progress.K.M.
Education (including our private podcast), coaching, and growth-minded community to support you in writing a new story beyond grief, stress, and struggle. You can befriend yourself and handcraft a brave + beautiful life that feels like home!
What’s included when you invest in this inspirational community? “compassionate Community meets life mastermind”
All of you is welcome here. We’re all in progress, learning, becoming, sometimes struggling. I invite you to honour your emotional and energetic capacity as you show up to the work. Some members spend one session with us to focus on a specific topic. Other members stay much longer in order to build new emotional and behavioral patterns and shift from head knowledge or theory into embodied wisdom and practice.
TIME + ENERGY COMMITMENT
For best results, commit to 2.5 hours for about 12 weeks per session (this allows for 5 rest weeks) and if you have greater capacity you can easily do more. This includes a 90 min coaching call during educational weeks along with exercises/homework, a workshop on week 11, and occasional extras. You can absolutely make space for this in your full life though you’ll need to prioritize your wellbeing and intentionally make and guard the space on your calendar.
Each four-month session of the BB includes:
- BRAVE COMMUNITY: A welcoming, private group off of social media to help quiet all the noise. You can ask questions at any time in the group and you won’t be lost in a crowd of hundreds or thousands like with many programs. You matter and you will be heard and seen. As a highly sensitive human, I know that this makes a world of difference. You also have the opportunity to form meaningful connection + long-lasting relationships with a monthly Peer-Led Chat Group.
- EDUCATION: 2 educational modules with weekly exercises/practices, worksheets and relevant resources. See the Hope Map graphic below for a general sense of how we move through the year. You’ll receive a weekly email with a link to the latest podcast episode and other essentials so if you’re busy and on the go you have everything you need at your fingertips!
- CONNECTION + COACHING: 10 x 90-min Coaching + Connection calls focused on the current topic to guide you through the work and explore it’s practical application. You can join live, enjoy the video replays, or listen on-the-go through a private podcast. Calls are on Wednesday and alternate between 11 am and 5 pm MT to accommodate members in different time zones/corners of the world (the 5 pm call = Thursday morning in the southern hemisphere).
- REST: Rest weeks to encourage integration, to practice the importance of rest, play, and pleasure, and breathing room to attend to all the other parts of your full life (we’ll rest around major holidays). I opt out of hustle-culture and continually reinforce the truth that more and faster isn’t better.
- INSPIRATIONAL EXTRAS: An invitation to all new workshops (join live or enjoy the replay when it works for you) along with access to the full resource library; there’s always something new to learn when you want it!
- CREATIVITY + CONTRIBUTION: Support for your creative work inside the (bonus) “Brave Creatives Circle” where most months I offer 60-minute New Moon and Full Moon Check-ins on Zoom. This is for members who want gentle accountability around taking consistent imperfect action on their creative or joy-led projects, and encouragement to share their work/gifts in the world (where applicable).
Being part of the B+B community has had a significant impact on my life in a positive way. I love the ability to be as involved as I want to be and feeling supported along the way. The content Krista creates is thought provoking and helps me to think differently about situations. I learn from each module and understand how to apply it to my life. Since starting, I feel more calm, more self aware, and happier, even though what is going on around me is challenging. Thank you Krista for providing amazing support to so many!Barb
imagine living a vibrant, joyful life and loving yourself well in every season: registration is now closed and will open in spring
Our current theme in the Brave + Beautiful Community is BEGIN AGAIN. In the May-Aug session we’ll explore this through the lens of Building Brave and Healthy Relationships + “Rebranding Middle Age”.
CONTENT PLAN: You can see a basic outline for the year ahead in this living document (click here).
Each of our three yearly sessions build upon each other and guide you in building skill, becoming more resourced and empowered, and deepening wisdom and self-trust. This is not a prerecorded course; you will receive live and responsive mentoring and education. While we revisit foundational practices and ideas, and follow a similar seasonal rhythm, no two sessions are alike.
Join for one session/4 months, join for a full-year, or join for a full-year plus private coaching. Members who join for a full year are “grandmothered” in at that price (you keep the same price if prices increase). For best results I recommend a one-year commitment; the work we do together in the BB is not about “quick fixes” but about deep, powerful, and sustainable growth or change.
The BRAVE + BEAUTIFUL Community is for you if:
- You’re a woman somewhere in the middle season of life (members are mostly 40-65 yo) and you see yourself somewhere in steps 2/3-7 of this growth map.
- You value mind-emotion-body wellness, healthy and boundaried relationships with others and yourself, brave and compassionate community to share life with, and you want to build resilience, emotional intelligence, and expand your capacity for both joy and pain so that you say YES to life each new morning. Even in the hardest seasons.
- You’re a curious and growth-minded person and ready to take (imperfect) action in your life to create positive, sustainable change. You’d benefit from regular education, coaching, and real-talk as you do the work to choose who and how you want to be in the world and build a life you love.
- You feel comfortable engaging in an online platform, building inclusive community, and learning through a combination of written material and video (closed captioning is available) or audio. You can commit to 7.5 hours per month with breaks for rest and holidays. You understand that you won’t find your way forward until you step out into the bit of light you have; we find our way in action, not before.
Get started with one session $360 (one-time payment)
$90/mos aka “far more joyful than a couple hours of stress-shopping”
*You have 3 weeks to explore the BB, make sure it feels like a great fit, and then upgrade to a full-year option to take advantage of the cost savings.
receive 2 MONTHS FREe when you join for the year $900 (one-time payment)
$75/mos aka “even more life-giving than a monthly deep-tissue massage!”
*Once you’ve paid for a full-year you lock in that price for future renewals (prices are increasing December 2023). For best results I recommend a one-year BB commitment.
enjoy 4 months free! A full year of the Bb + 8 COACHING sessions $1980 (one-time payment)
$60/mos for the BB portion aka “a meal + drinks out but with a far greater ROI”
*The Deep Dive option is for you if you want brave and growth-minded community and also you’d like to go deeper into the work via individualized support from me. This investment is broken down into $1280 for the coaching + $720 paid in full for the BB which is the equivalent of $60/mos. You are welcome to begin coaching at any time and join the BB at the next enrollment period.
Join me in brave and compassionate community as you learn, stretch, and become more fully yourself. Befriend yourself, reclaim your voice and agency, and remember how to feel safe, at home + joyful in your body and your life.A new session is starting soon – join us!
If you are looking for a deep-dive with some of the most wonderful women on the planet, I highly recommend the Brave and Beautiful community. In a world consumed by the surface layer, here is a chance to dig deep. Krista’s work and words are a beautiful gift, something you instantly recognize as the truth even as you wonder how you never saw it before. It has been so inspiring to learn from Krista and to get to know myself better. And it has been such a delight to encounter all the wise and wonderful women who make the journey so enjoyable. You will not find a kinder, more generous group on the internet.Karen U
The materials and guidance you’ve provided in the B&B have helped me gain valuable insights into my personality. Your program is far superior to a lot of offerings out there. They are kindergarten and you are graduate school.Amy D
When I catch myself practicing things that I’ve learned in the B+B community, I often say “Hi Krista!” to ground the experience and to acknowledge that I am behaving in a new way. The longer I stay in the B+B community the more often I find myself saying “Hi Leslie!” because these practices are not only becoming mine, but they are also revealing the true me. Krista in an amazing teacher, mentor and model for living life on purpose, and it doesn’t hurt that she is enthusiastic about rest and giving yourself a break. I have learned so much from Krista and from finding myself through practicing with this community.Leslie P
Of all the programs I’ve been involved in (and there are many), yours is the most practical and makes the most sense to me because you touch on the somatic and the mind-heart-spirit. You bring together everything I’ve ever wanted to know about self-growth. I’m so glad that I found you.Ella Ryder
Your guidance in finding new approaches, new ideas, and new attitudes that so resonate with me is part of what I love about Brave and Beautiful. And all of that plus such a supportive and accepting community is just the best! Much more than what I might have imagined if I’d have envisioned a great virtual space to learn and grow. I am so appreciative. Thank you, Krista.Stacy Low
I have stayed mostly quiet in the group, but I have benefited greatly from doing the work offline and it has truly made a huge difference in this time of transition and rebirth for me. I look forward to reviewing the materials again on my own – I know I will discover many things I missed the first time through. Thank you for being willing to share with and guide people in all seasons of life.Christine H
I so appreciate you, your posts, thought processes, interviews, your way at problem-solving, the content you create, and your support. Joining this group is the very thing that helped me to begin to take steps forward from probably the worst season I’ve ever been through since childhood. I was so stuck and discouraged. Now I am making headway in leaps and bounds!! Brave and Beautiful has been so inspiring and so life-giving for me, as well as my Listening Partnership with (another member) and I just wanted you to know and thank you again. Who you are and what you carry is truly immeasurable in my life.Joyanne Ferrara
I was blown away yet again by your work. Thanks for putting yourself and your work out in the world! Appreciate you.R.M.
join the waitlist: get first chance to join us when space opens up!
I’m an educator and coach. The support I offer is not intended to diagnose, treat, heal, cure, or prescribe for any medical condition and it is not a replacement for therapy or medical advice.