Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.— Viktor Frankl
Life is so imperfect. And beautiful.
If we are to really live – abundantly – we need to make space for messy. We need to embrace the truth that life can feel incredibly challenging, scary, and painful – and also beautiful. That joy and pain live tangled up together in a beautiful, meaningful life if we’ll allow it.
We get to decide who and how we want to be in the world. Committing to this work stretches us on many levels and is best done in brave community with others who are committed to their own emotional, cognitive, embodied work.
The Brave and Beautiful Membership Community is one way that we can gather together, off of social media, and make space to practice choosing our response to life. It’s for brave, curious, and weary women in the messy middle of life to come aside and be nourished and strengthened, mind, emotion, and body, and also to forge healthy relationships.
You’ll receive quality evidence-based education + weekly coaching + quarterly workshops to help you reconnect with and befriend your true self, realign your life with your highest values, need, or desires, and show up whole, brave, and on purpose to your messy and beautiful life in every season.
registration is now CLOSED BUT YOU CAN YOU JOIN THE WAITLIST FOR mAY BY SIGNING UP BELOW.
The B+B is capped at 60 members so space is limited!!!
When you use this form you’ll be added to my email list and get onto the waitlist. Even if you’re already on my email list, use this form to update your preferences.
Finding you and your courses have been life-giving for me. I feel like it is a debt I will never be able to repay.—Roxanne
The materials and guidance you’ve provided in the B&B have helped me gain valuable insights into my personality. Your program is far superior to a lot of offerings out there. They are kindergarten and you are graduate school.—Amy D
Registration is now CLOSED! you have 3 options for joining me inside the brave + beautiful community
Join for one session/4 months, join for a full-year, or join for a full-year plus private coaching. Members who join for a full year are “grandmothered” in at that price (you keep the same price when prices increases)
I offer a number of equity “pay-what-you-can” spaces to the people on my email list with preference to those in marginalized communities. I offer a special rate for people on a fixed or lower income. Reach out.
The B+B is capped at 60 members so space is limited!!!
$320 USD — 1 SESSION OF THE BRave & Beautiful community ($80/MOS or AROUND the INVESTMENT of a monthly 60-min massage)
*This session of the B+B runs Jan through April 2022. You are safe to come try out the community for three weeks and then decide if you want to upgrade your membership to a full year. We’ll roll your initial payment into the full-year registration.
$720 USD — 12 months of Brave & Beautiful community ($60/MOS or less than the cost of a monthly massage)
*The full-year runs Jan through Dec 2022. It includes the equivalent of 3 months free. If you need a short-term payment plan, reach out.
$1500 USD — deep dive: a full year of the bb (just $40/mos!) plus eight 1:1 consults with krista
*The Deep Dive is for you if you desire brave and growth-minded community and also you’d like to go deeper into the work and receive individualized support (you save another $320 USD off of the lowest price). Additional consults can be added on as needed at the rate of $130/consult. For a short-term payment plan, reach out to Krista @[email protected]
Imagine being part of a private community to talk about the things that truly matter to you, build growth-minded relationships, and RECEIVE COMPASSIOnaTE and EVIDENCE-BASED GUIDANCE TO HELP YOU show up whole and brave in every season
New members can join the Brave & Beautiful Membership Community in September, January, and May and you are welcome to join us for one, two, or all three sessions; you’ll experience tremendous value whenever you join and for however long. Each session includes 11 weeks of active teaching/engaging with new content along with 1-2 bonus live workshops, and weaves together to form a beautiful whole.
The middle season of life is full so it’s best to give yourself permission to show up as you’re able without judgement when “real life” refuses to cooperate with your best laid plans. More isn’t necessarily better so come for all or some live calls, work through the material at your own pace, pop into the conversation feed to chat with other members a few times a week, and release perfectionism as you enjoy building healthy relationships and being part of brave, compassionate, and growth-minded community.
COME HOME: REMEMBER YOUR WAY HOME TO YOURSELF
The theme for year 3 of the B+B is Coming Home to Ourselves.
In the winter session we’ll focus on releasing what no longer serves us, reclaiming our voice, and re-envisioning our life.
sign up for the winter session if…
- You’d benefit from diving deeper into learning about self-compassion, receiving support to help you practice both fierce and gentle self-compassion, and building and honouring life-giving boundaries to stop prioritizing everyone else’s needs and wants above your own. You’re open to exploring the idea of deconstruction as a path towards reclaiming your voice.
- You’re open to emotional exploration and get-your-hands-dirty imperfect action to declutter the stuff that weighs you down like physical stuff, unsupportive relationships, habits that no longer serve you, busyness, and comparison, and to exploring conscious simplicity or essentialism and how it might serve you.
- You sometimes (often!?) feel weary and frustrated at how comparison, perfectionism, fear, and overwhelm still create noise in your life and you’re ready to keep developing skills of nervous system regulation and the resilience muscles to help you quiet the noise and be the boss of your own life.
- You’re interested exploring what it means to feel safe and at home in your body and your life and in handcrafting an honest and compelling life vision for the next season of life that makes room for joy and reflects your core values and highest priorities. You’re ready to dig in to get clarity around who you choose to be in the world (not who you used to be or who others think you “should” be), and exploring purpose and meaningful contribution (or how to share your light or gifts with your circle of impact!).
- You’re curious about learning from the science around habit formation and gentle judgment-free experimentation with new habits (in a way that aligns with your wiring) to help you stay focused on your vision and priorities vs getting pulled to and fro by distraction, FOMO, and old conditioning and instinctive emotional and/or behavioural patterns.
Key ideas: self-compassion (fierce + gentle), life vision, values-based living, perfectionism, comparison, fear, purpose, contribution, reclaiming your voice, building brave boundaries, conscious habit formation, deconstruction, decluttering, conscious simplicity (or essentialism), pareto principle, enough, overwhelm, joy, nervous system regulation, emotional literacy
Your guidance in finding new approaches, new ideas, and new attitudes that so resonate with me is part of what I love about Brave and Beautiful. And all of that plus such a supportive and accepting community is just the best! Much more than what I might have imagined if I’d have envisioned a great virtual space to learn and grow. I am so appreciative. Thank you, Krista.— Stacy Low
A roadmap and dedicated guide for you
We walk through the following structure as we dive into each new topic and apply the work to our lives.
SELF-AWARNESS // WHY
I’ll introduce the topic of the month and WHY it matters; we’ll examine our experience and thoughts about it, any compelling research, and we’ll get honest about where we’re at. Self-awareness is essential to sustainable and healthy growth.
SELF-COMPASSION // WHAT
We’ll start talking about WHAT we want for ourselves in this area (we’ll establish personal goals and intentions) while staying grounded in self-compassion and I’ll offer ideas for WHAT we can do to grow and begin practicing the concepts for the month.
IMPERFECT ACTION // HOW
We’ll get more specific about HOW to apply the habits, tools, mindset shifts or the practical application of ideas (and how to sustain positive change) and we’ll address issues or resistance that come up; this is about taking imperfect action to move closer to who and how we choose to be in the world.
INTEGRATION // Rest & Reflect
We need time to synthesize and notice what’s showing up for us, and we need time for actual rest. During Rest Weeks I’m offline though members are welcome to continue engaging with each other and the material. Rest Weeks also allow time to catch up on video replays/work from previous weeks.
Join the Brave & Beautiful Membership for 4 months – $320 ($80/monthly)
*Jan through April 2022. You are welcome to upgrade your membership within the first three weeks and this amount will be rolled into the full year fee.
Join me inside the Brave & Beautiful community for 12 months – $720 USD ($60/monthly)
*Jan through Dec 2022. Once you’ve paid for a full-year you lock in that price for future renewals. Full-year membership includes the equivalent of 3 months free. If you want to break this into 2 payments, reach out.
$375 USD – Add 3 consults for personalized 1:1 support
*Many members benefit from private coaching to work more specifically with their needs, struggles, and growth edge.
Deep Dive into the work with 8 PRIVATE CONSULTS + a full year in the BB – $1500 USD ($40/MONTH)
*The Deep Dive is a special offer for you if you want to go deeper into the work we’re doing together in the BB and receive individualized support. If you need a short-term payment plan, reach out at [email protected]
I have stayed mostly quiet in the FB group, but I have benefited greatly from doing the work offline and it has truly made a huge difference in this time of transition and rebirth for me. I look forward to reviewing the materials again on my own – I know I will discover many things I missed the first time through. Thank you for being willing to share with and guide people in all seasons of life.— Christine H
I so appreciate you, your posts, thought processes, interviews, your way at problem-solving, the content you create, and your support. Joining this group is the very thing that helped me to begin to take steps forward from probably the worst season I’ve ever been through since childhood. I was so stuck and discouraged. Now I am making headway in leaps and bounds!! Brave and Beautiful has been so inspiring and so life-giving for me, as well as my Listening Partnership with (another member) and I just wanted you to know and thank you again. Who you are and what you carry is truly immeasurable in my life.—Joyanne Ferrara
When you invest in this community
The Brave & Beautiful community is not about stuffing our lives full to the brim with information; you already have full lives. Come as you are – with the capacity you have in this season – but generally speaking, if you have 2-3 hours most weeks to invest in the group, you’ll get a lot out of it. In this community, you’ll be invited to reflect, discuss, and otherwise engage with the deep and rich work in a gentle and encouraging manner. You will also receive support from me and each other when you feel stuck or need encouragement.
As a member of this inspirational community you will receive:
- Educational modules that help you live with purpose, wholeness and joy, and help you “come home to yourself” including weekly exercises/practices with worksheets and relevant resources to support you in doing the work.
- Weekly Coaching+ Connection calls focused on the current topic (you do not have to join live/replays are available) to guide you through the work and for members to share how you’re applying the material to your lives.
- Meaningful connection + opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with growth-minded people along with a monthly peer-led Chat Group to connect with other members.
- Access to two bonus courses to help you deepen self-awareness: Exploring the Enneagram and The Strengths + Challenges of the Highly Sensitive Person. These are free for you to work through at your own pace if/when you’re ready but you’re welcome at any time to ask questions in the group about these bonus courses.
- Free access to all new workshops in the year (you can join live or enjoy the replay) + to the workshop library!
Krista has an incredible gift not only of words but also of really seeing into the struggles common to so many women. Krista doesn’t just leave us to struggle—she helps find a way to shift our mindset, look at our circumstances differently and help us find joy and celebrate the win, no matter how small. She is patient, knowledgeable and caring. The resources she writes are life-giving to me. I find myself learning something profoundly new and helpful each time I go through the materials.—Teresa C
Build meaningful relationships
Weekly Zoom Calls offer time and space for coaching + connection. Showing up live is absolutely not required as replays will be available to watch or listen to when you’re ready and we all live in different corners of the world. The first part of the call is educational and related to our growth-work and the second half are informal times to share how you’re learning/practicing, ask questions, and build relationship with other members.
We also currently have an extra Peer-Led Monthly Group running inside of the membership. This group is another opportunity to build friendships and feel heard and supported by other members.
As a community, we gather inside a Private Group (not on social media) – this is where you’ll receive your monthly PDF, applicable worksheets, join the coaching videos (or watch the replays), ask me questions, and connect with other members. You can choose to participate in all group discussion or simplify by focusing on core content only.
- I offer an assortment of times because we have members from the US, CAD, NZ, AUZ, PHL, UK+ but replays are available. Showing up live is not a requirement for “success” in this group though IF you can make it live once in a while, I suggest focusing on the Group Chats which allow for relationship building + receiving real-time support and encouragement.
- Zoom calls are usually around 2 hours long and you’re welcome to pop in as you’re able. Remember that you can watch the replay at your own pace.
- You’ll have access to the google calendar for our group to keep all dates/times organized.
THE LIVE CALL SCHEDULE
- Week One – Coaching + Connection: Wednesday, 11 am MT// 1 ET // 5 pm UK (standard time)
- Week Two – Coaching + Connection: Wednesday, 1 pm MT// 3 ET // 8 pm UK (standard time) // Thursday 4 am Philippines // Thursday 7 am Sidney AU (AEDST)
- Week Three – Relationship Building: Wednesday, 5 pm MT// 7 ET // Thursday 8 am Philippines // Thursday 11 am+ Sidney AU (AEDST)
- Week Four – Rest Week(s): No calls
- Peer-Led Group Chat: Second Friday of the month, 3 pm MT // 5 pm ET // 10 pm UK (standard time) // Sat 6 am PHL // Sat 9 am Sidney AU
- Workshops: days and times vary
If you’re not ready to join but want to be added to the B+B waitlist, sign up below for The HOPE Map and I’ll let you know when doors open again.
I feel like this group has already helped me start living my own life, and for that, I thank you all!—Cindy P
Is the Brave & Beautiful Community right for me?
I love this beautiful gathering of women and believe it offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow, truth-tell and share life together, in a kind and supportive environment. But it’s not the right fit for everyone in every season.
I started the Brave & Beautiful Community 4 weeks before my husband and I were in a serious car accident, 7 weeks before my beautiful son ended his life after a brave and ferocious battle with severe depression and persistent suicidal ideation.
Life is messy and continually invites us into growth and I believe (and the science supports) that life is better in community. It takes courage to continue showing up fully to life as we navigate loss, struggle, life transitions, and we release what no longer serves so that we can show up as our most honest, healthiest, and integrated selves to the messy and beautiful life in front of us.
In this post I share a growth path to help you self-identify where you currently land in this season of your life. If you see yourself somewhere in steps 2-6 then the Brave + Beautiful Community might be a great fit for you.
The BRAVE & BEAUTIFUL Community is for women who:
- Are in the messy middle of life (you can self-select; current members range from 30-70 and I love the collective wisdom and lived experience of the group!);
- Are growth-minded, tired of letting perfectionism, comparison, or fear be the boss of your life, and ready for the soul-stretching and exciting work to reconnect with your true self, re-envision your life, and remember your way to freedom;
- Are interested in living mind-body-emotionally whole and want to learn, grow, question, practice, and who believe (or are drawn to the idea) that every season of life offers new gifts and opportunity, even the painful ones;
- Want to live with deep roots of self-awareness and self-compassion and equipped to take (imperfect) action to handcraft a life of purpose, wholeness, and joy (a life that feels like home);
- Feel a little weary or beat-up by life or ready for change and are looking for brave and safe community, compassionate, trauma-informed, and evidence-based support to continue showing up fully – brave and on-purpose – to every season of life.
Get started today with a 4 MONTH membership – $320 USD ($80/MOS)
*Jan through April 2022
enjoy 3 MONTHS FREE when you invest in a Brave & Beautiful Membership for 12 months – $720 USD ($60/MOS)
*Jan through Dec 2022. Once you’ve paid for a full-year you lock in that price for future renewals. The full-year payment gives you 3 months free.
$1500 USD — deep dive: 8 COACHING consults + A FULL YEAR OF THE BB ($40/MOS)
*The Deep Dive is a special offer for new or renewing B+B members. This option is for you if you want brave and growth-minded community and also you’d like to go deeper into the work and receive individualized support from me (save an additional $320 USD). For a short-term payment plan, reach out to Krista @[email protected]
I joined the Brave & Beautiful Community to have a group of growth-minded women to journey through this season of my life with. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to learn new strategies for living with purpose as well as supporting and celebrating other women as we share our lives together as part of the community. Brave & Beautiful is a wonderful investment and I would highly recommend making the commitment.—Shana H
I have followed Krista’s work for a couple years now. She has challenged me to see” how” I’m thinking, and that it’s OK not to be perfect in this messy life. The Brave and Beautiful Membership Community has shown me that others are also seeking answers to a messy life, while still being imperfect. I truly believe we are becoming “Community.” Thank You Krista, for all your hard work, and leadership.—Deb Gates
- All prices are in USD. If you prefer STRIPE to PayPal, use this link: https://alifeinprogress.circle.so/checkout/a-life-in-progress-brave-beautiful-community .
- The email you use to register will be added to or tagged on MY EMAIL LIST so that you receive updates and important details about the membership.
- After registration/submitting payment, you will be redirected to a “thank you page” and in about a week I’ll email you with next steps and what to expect.
- For problems when checking out, reach out to Krista at [email protected]
- Learn more about my education or my work or read testimonials from some former clients and class participants.
- Read about my core values, learning objectives, and the growth path for members of the Brave + Beautiful Community.