Inside: Episode six of The ALIP Podcast: Rebranding Middle Age.
When I’m driving on the highway and someone zooms past me at high speed or weaves in and out of traffic to ‘get ahead’ I always wonder, “where are you rushing to?” And is putting your life and mine at risk worth shaving a few seconds off your ride?
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ALIP PODCAST
Be sure to listen and subscribe on iTunes to make sure you never miss an episode. Scroll down to listen on Spotify (link coming), watch on Youtube, or subscribe on your favourite podcast player by pasting in the RSS feed: https://feeds.captivate.fm/a-life-in-progress/
I’m a slow mover by nature. To be healthy and happy, I require a lot of spaciousness and breathing room in my life to think, connect the dots inside my mind, process, putter, and integrate. I lived most of my life in chronic pain, had a disease as a child and now a hip replacement that brings physical limitations and I walk with a limp.
But though I’m not wired for hustle-culture, I’ve built a brave and beautiful life at my own rhythm. I move through life in a (mostly) soul-honouring and sustainable way and this helps me feel safe, at home, and joyful in my body and life.
SOME KEY IDEAS:
- We can’t pour out what we don’t also pour in.
- Performance and productivity do not prove your worth. You can opt out of hustle-culture (or at least not judge yourself by it).
- There is beauty and wisdom to be mined in every season – even the hardest (and slowest) of them. Knowing the season(s) you’re in increases peace and wellbeing.
- Simple habits, rituals, and practices that honour your wiring will help you build a life you desire and more fully express the truth of who and how you choose to be in the world.
- Build the muscle of imperfect action. We find our way in action not before. Slow and steady action with consistency leads to powerful results.
- Whether healing, grieving, creating, walking, or … you get to move at the pace of your nervous system. Begin as you mean to go on.
- Spring for me is an invitation to rest, recalibrate, and restore. Build rest and check-points into your day, week, season, and year to guard your mind-body health and live aligned with your values and priorities.
- The Brave + Beautiful Membership Community Autumn Session is open for early registration Sep 4-16: when you join during early-registration you get to join us for our Seasonal (equinox) Call and get the Seasonal Transition Workbook. And 10 people can use the coupon code OVERFLOWING10 to take 10% off at checkout! Learn more: https://www.alifeinprogress.ca/membership/
- The Midlife Crossroad PDF (free / follows season 1 of this podcast): https://www.alifeinprogress.ca/the-midlife-crossroad/
- The Wisdom of Life Seasons: How to Embrace the Season You’re In: https://www.alifeinprogress.ca/life-seasons/
- An Overview of Seasonal Living and How to Explore: https://www.alifeinprogress.ca/an-overview-of-seasonal-living-and-how-to-explore/
- 8 Types of Rest Worksheets: https://www.alifeinprogress.ca/8-types-of-rest-free-worksheets/
The Midlife Crossroad
Midlife can be messy! It’s a time of truth-telling, important transitions, and invitations to growth. Here are 7 powerful truths to help midlife women (re)claim freedom, health and joy amid the messiness.